SolarWorld maximizes any solar investment with proven, American-made quality, reliability and durability. SolarWorld panels are widely recognized as the industry standard in quality—the result of the company’s commitment to research and development, quality materials and manufacturing excellence.
- How Solar Panels WorkHow a PV Cell Makes Electricity – Under the sun, a photovoltaic cell acts as a photosensitive diode that instantaneously converts light – but not heat – into electricity.
Cell Layers – A top, phosphorus-diffused silicon layer carries free electrons – un-anchored particles with negative charges. A thicker, boron doped bottom layer contains holes, or absences of electrons, that also can move freely. In effect, precise manufacturing has instilled an electronic imbalance between the two layers.
- Photons bombard and penetrate the cell.
- They activate electrons, knocking them loose in both silicon layers.
- Some electrons in the bottom layer sling-shot to the top of the cell.
- These electrons flow into metal contacts as electricity, moving into a circuit throughout a 60-cell module.
- Electrons flow back into the cell via a solid contact layer at the bottom, creating a closed loop or circuit.
Powering Homes and Businesses with Solar – Current leaving a module, or array of modules, passes through a wire conduit leading to an inverter. This device, about the shape of a waffle iron, inverts direct current, which flows with a fixed current and voltage, into alternating current, which flows with oscillating current and voltage. Appliances worldwide operate on AC. From the inverter, the solar-generated power feeds into circuitry of a household, business or power plant and onto the region’s electrical grid. A remote, or independent, power system also can form a self-contained circuit without connecting to the grid. The off-grid system, however, requires batteries to store power for times, such as night, when modules do not capture enough light energy from the sun.
- Solar System BenefitsSave Money Now – Depending on the size of the solar system you choose to install, you can save an average of 50% off your electric bill or even eliminate it all together.
The average American household uses 920 kWh per month. SolarWorld’s average installation accounts for an impressive 840 kWh per month.
Increase your Home Value – Studies performed by the Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory have shown that adding a solar system increases a home’s resale value by an average of $5.50 per watt, and depending on location, can be as high as $6.40/watt.
- A 3.1kW system can add $17,000 to your home’s value
- Studies have also shown that homes with solar sell 15% faster than homes without solar.
Decrease your Carbon Footprint – Solar reduces your carbon footprint as well. The average American household generates 7.4 tons of carbon dioxide per year through electrical use. Carbon dioxide has been proven to cause global warming, which is wreaking havoc on our Earth—causing glaciers to melt, shorelines to erode and animals to be endangered.
Solar on your home can help conserve more than 16,000 gallons of water per year, and reduce reliance on foreign and nonrenewable energy sources.
- Sunmodule Solar PanelsSunmodule Solar Panels – High-performance and superior quality
SolarWorld’s Sunmodule® solar panels are designed and manufactured to the highest standards of quality, performance and durability. The grid-tied and off-grid products from SolarWorld come in a variety of sizes and power, making them suitable for all applications – from a remote power generator to a large-scale power plant.
SolarWorld leads the industry in solar technology advancements with features that set them apart from the rest:
- Solar cell spacing – SolarWorld carefully spaces each cell which allows for more reflection of the backsheet, reduces cell operating temperatures, and reduces stress on cell interconnects.
- Frame space – SolarWorld allows enough space from cell to frame to ensure shadowing from hardware and dirt do not diminish performance.
- Advanced cell technology – SolarWorld’s Light Capture and Energy Conversion Solar Technologies make higher power possible by optimizing capturing and converting more light into energy.
- Versatile frame – SolarWorld’s ultra-strong frames are designed to withstand heavy accumulations of snow and ice and feature a patent-pending design that resists scratches.
- Patented corner key – SolarWorld’s patented external corner key has no sharp edges and provides improved self-cleaning through our frost-proof, integrated drainage design.
- Solar Mounting Systems
Here at Rabe Hardware, we rely on PV Solar mounting systems for our residential and commercial solar installations for their superior strength and ease of installation.
PV Solar Mounting Hardware for Any Application:
Economical and quick to install roof, ground and pole mount racking systems for residential applications.
Engineered ballasted roof mounts, longer span mounting rails and rugged ground mounts for commercial applications.